pretty things in bloom. It’s been raining all week and this weekend we finally have some beautiful weather.
- Created a pathway in middle of large bed with wood shavings
- Transplanted a ring of hostas and dayliliies around a tree in front yard
- Planted rosemary next to existing oregano
- Created a small raised bed in front mulched area for a strawberry patch
- Planted watermelon radishes
- Transplanted Brussels sprouts seedlings
- Planted arugula inside triangle of peas
- Planted big Boston lettuce because blonde de cazard never sprouted (old seeds)
- Planted sugar snap peas
- Planted uncle Willy’s dry beans
- Planted cantare beans
- Sunflowers (moonwalker)
A day like today makes me wonder what I could ever complain about. Ever.
- Divided a ton of hostas and planted them in a neat row by the house
- Divided and relocated Oriental poppy to flower bed
- Divided and moved several sedum
- Relocated delphinium along fence
- Edged front walkway
- Planted variegated hostas, caladiums, and pink peony (roots)
Sunny and beautiful today. Planted a variety of greens, shelling peas, and poppies. Also, soaked ‘painted lady’ sweet pea overnight and planted. Blacktail mountain watermelon and petite Gris canteloupe are soaking in a paper towel because they did not germinate in my seed starter trays.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.